1. How much does it cost? If you are coming through Hounslow IAPT team, or your GP for short term counselling it will cost you nothing. We area free service to those who live within the London Borough of Hounslow.
2. How do I get a referral? You can contact your GP and they can send a referral or you can refer yourself through the Hounslow IAPT team.
3. Do I have to fill out any paperwork? We continually evaluate our service. To do this we require a short questionnaire to be completed at each session. This will show us a reflection of where you are at the moment, and your improvements by the end of the course of therapy. At the end of the therapy we also ask for a questionnaire about our service as a whole, so we can learn and make changes to adapt to our clients needs.
4. What are your waiting times? Our average waiting time is 4-6 weeks from referral. This varies as it also depends on you. We will always try to meet your needs but the more flexible you are the easier it becomes to book you in for an appointment.
5. What if I can’t make an appointment? If you cancel (under two working days notice) or do not attend your appointment you would lose that session. If you do this twice in a row you would be discharged from the service. If, however, you give more that two working days notice you would reschedule your appointment time.
6. How long are sessions? Each individual counselling session is 50 minutes long, each couples session is 1 hour and 15 minutes long.
7. How many sessions can I have? This is determined in the initial assessment. We offer different types of therapy and will assign you to the most appropriate therapist.
8. What if I am in a Crisis? We are not an emergency service. If you find yourself not coping in between sessions, after sessions have completed or while you are waiting for sessions to begin there are a number of support networks which can support you. We are not an emergency service and so you can contact any of the below:
• Accident & Emergency or call 999 for an ambulance
• West Middlesex Hospital, Twickenham Road, Isleworth, TW7 6AF. 020 8321 5746/5747
• Call the Samaritans on 0845 790 9090
• Call the West London Mental Health Trust 24 Hour Helpline on 0300 1234 244